Saturday, September 19, 2009

Well we are home!! It has been a few days. We are still adjusting, and I am sure that will take lots of time! I will post some more pictures when we get them downloaded. We were meet at the airport by several family and friends. :) When we were in LAX airport waiting for our flight to SLC, my heart wanted to break for Maycee. She was sitting there saying Ni Hao to everyone she could see. It means hello, and nobody would respond to her. I wanted to cry. It was at this point that she knew she wasn't in her country anymore. Nobody looked like her and nobody spoke like her.

She is doing well, we have about one break down a day, but other than that, she LOVES her sister and brother!! She always counts on her little fingers.....mama, papa, brother, sister, and Maycee!! So she understands that she is part of a family now. We went to the mall today with grandma and grandpa Rowland, she did really well. She even behaved for dinner. That is a first!! She usually thinks dinner time is play time. While we were at dinner she had to go Niao Niao (pee pee) of course. But this time I think it was for a reason. Another angel was sent our way. We were washing her hands and she said xie xie (thank you) to me. The worker standing right there fixing her hair net started to speak to her in Chinese!! She was so shocked and taken back that someone could actually speak to her in her language, that she froze. It was so cool!! I asked the girl to ask her if she could see if she is happy here, and she said that she was!! That was nice. The lady actually was from Taiwan came here 3 years ago. As a matter of fact she was from the same city as Maycee Wen is from. What an awesome thing. She gave us her number and said to call her anytime. She can teach us her language and speak it to Maycee anytime. We were so grateful for this angel today!! We needed her. She told us a well, not to feel bad that we took her from her country, she will be much better here. That made me feel better as well. I actually really miss the Taiwanese people!! We didn't want to say goodbye to Jill and Wen. I was so sad!! They are amazing women, and the people of Taiwan are so wonderful! I ache to go back. I have to say I was so disappointed in LAX with the rude US people. Never a smile, never a thank you, never a "can I help you". In Taiwan, it was always good morning, how can I help you, good evening, always with a bow. So polite and nice!! Of course I wasn't driving though. LOL.

Thanks to all of you for your love, support, prayers, and help! We couldn't have done it with out you!! Much love. The Taylor's.

We will continue to make posts with updates on how things are going here.

4 comments:

  1. What are the chances that you would run into someone from Maycee's home town.....that is amazing! I'm so glad to hear that she in understanding that she is part of your family. She is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that you do have many angels sent to you and little Maycee, but the biggest and the best angel in her little life is you, Jason, Nathan, and Jaycee. We love you guys, please let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a great thing you have done. One correction: Maycee IS in her country now-it's the same place the rest of her family lives. She'll know it soon if she doesn't already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Stacey!!! WOW!! I am so glad that you found this. Thanks for the comment. It is good to hear from you! So I think our family is complete now! How are you doing?

    Thanks so much Asay's and Niki! We could have never done this without everyones support!!!

    ReplyDelete